Request for Proposal Notice
The Brunswick Housing Authority
Request for Proposal
The Brunswick Housing Authority (BHA) is soliciting proposals for Resident Services to serve its Public Housing residents.
The BHA is a public housing agency with administrative offices located at 1126 Albany Street, Brunswick, GA 31520. BHA provides quality, affordable housing assistance programs to low-income families residing in its service area. BHA administers the following programs (with most recent funding level/eligibility shown for Federal programs):
- Low Income Public Housing (589 units)
- Capital Fund Program (with CFFP)
- Housing Choice Voucher Program (750 vouchers)
- Business Activities (including privately owned apartments (51 units), and participation in joint venture and tax credit property)
- Component Unit (non-profit organization)
BHA is governed by a five-member Board of Commissioners. The Board of Commissioners hires the Executive Director to oversee the day-to-day administration of BHA. The accounting function is performed by the Director of Finance, who reports to the Executive Director.
Term of Contract:
BHA is requesting proposals to start fiscal year 2022. Continuation of services will be afforded upon successful delivery of services. In the event that the proposer does not execute services as expected a thirty (30) termination will be imposed.
Scope of Services
BHA intends to award a contract that provides the following residential support services:
- Provide individualized support services are or program assistance.
- Provide independent living skills support for residents 16 years of age and older.
- Provide an assessment outcome in accordance with O.C.G.A.
- All outcome assessments will include service plans for residents.
- Assist residents in developing independent living skills to include:
- Personal Care- Health/Medical/food/clothing/money management/safety/community resources/transportation, and legal services.
- Provide Psychosocial decision-making skills, relationship building, parenting, sexuality, self-image, communication, response to authority, and conflict resolution.
- Assist will all level of education needs such as: basic or general needs, high school graduation, vocational training, preparation for higher learning opportunities when possible, and build partnerships with educational institutions
- Provide employment and money management assistance to include job networking, work habits, money management training and developing, resume writing, and interviewing techniques
For full information, download the full request here.